Actor Dennis Hopper, at 73 years of age, is dying from cancer. To make matters worse, he is battling in a nasty divorce that pits his three adult children, from prior marriages, against his wife, Victoria Duffy-Hopper (she’s number five for Hopper, if you’re keeping score), over whether she’ll inherit anything when he passes. Here is The Probate Lawyer Blog’s prior article on the case.
ABC News posted its Top Ten “most hurtful accusations” from the court fight, including:
- Hopper’s assistant claimed Duffy-Hopper threatened to kill her.
- Duffy-Hopper called Hopper an abuser who once threatened that “something bad is going to happen to you and you won’t see it coming”.
- Hopper accused his wife of stealing millions worth of artwork and other valuables from him, and from secretly taking away their young daughter, preventing him from having a final Christmas with her.
- Hopper’s daughter, Marin Hopper (who is six years older than her “step-mother”), feels frightened for her safety because of Duffy-Hopper.
- Duffy-Hopper claims that Marin and the other adult